Image source: pixabay
In our current day and age, there are more people than ever suffering from social anxiety, especially in America. Luckily for those of us who suffer, there are unique social herbal remedies we can use for a natural relief from anxiety symptoms.
We all know the feeling of being nervous; when we are about to deliver a speech or a solo, and we glance past the bright lights into the crowd eagerly peering back at us, we can feel panicked and anxious. Those of us who suffer from social anxiety disorder (SAD) however, suffer far greater than normal performance nerves.
We are excited to share with you our top ten list of the best social herbal remedies to treat anxiety and other social stress symptoms; these treatments are common, effective, all-natural, and perfect for the budget-conscious individual.
It's time you stopped suffering and getting overwhelmed by everyday life by trying out these amazing social herbal remedies! Let's take a look at our top ten list so you can start feeling better as soon as possible.
Top 10 Best Social Herbal Remedies: Comparison Table
How We Reviewed
Our team spent much time and effort to bring you this unbiased best-of list featuring the ten best social herbal remedies available on the market! Our team researched numerous different models of natural remedies to treat anxious behaviors and we are excited to show you our personal top ten list featuring only the best of our testing results!
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT VETIVER OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled...
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED VETIVER OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or...
- MOST 4 OUNCE VETIVER OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of...
Native to India and used in healing traditions for thousands of years, using 1 to 2 drops of this essential oil on your wrist, chest, or neck to soothe nervousness. You can also add 5 to 10 drops to your bath! This makes it one of the more versatile of the social herbal remedies.
- Lavender oil: First Botany Lavender Oil's therapeutic grade is paraben free and cruelty free
- A large size 4 oz bottle available with a glass dropper : For individual use most oils are sold in 5ml, 10ml or 15ml...
- Versatile uses of lavender oil : Lavender Oil is perfect for use in diffusers. Lavender Oil is one of the few natural...
One of the oldest social herbal remedies, For over 2,500 years, lavender has been known to alleviate anxiety, sleep disturbance, and depression. You can inhale lavender directly from the bottle or apply it behind your ears, on your temples, or the back of the neck.
- PREMIUM ASHWAGANDHA WITH BLACK PEPPER - 120 CAPSULES 1300MG/SERVING: Get guaranteed results from the NutriFlair 650...
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA, NON-GMO, VEGAN, ALL-NATURAL: Our Premium Ashwagandha Root Powder Capsules are made with...
- MADE IN USA & THIRD PARTY TESTED: All our Products are manufactured in the USA, in an FDA registered, approved, and...
One of the most powerful herbs for healing, ashwagandha is referred to as "the Indian ginseng" and is highly rejuvenating. It reduces anxiety without causing drowsiness and stabilizes your response to stress.
- You Can Benefit From Pure NaturalsValerian Root Supplements In Two Ways swallow the capsule with a glass of water or...
- We offer valerian root supplements in a 500mg capsule, which is an optimum dosage to benefit from valerian root
- Valerian root extract promotes relaxation, promotes healthy sleep cycle, promotes cell health & regeneration.
Valerian root naturally increases the amount of gamma amino-butyric acid in your brain which helps regulate nerve cells and calms anxiety. This is similar to benzodiazepine medications but without the negative side effects! Truly amazing in the world of social herbal remedies.
- HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT Our formula has Kava Kava plus 4 other natural ingredients that ease stress & anxiety--kava kava...
- ONLY STRESS FIGHTING INGREDIENTS Unlike other Kava Kava supplements that include stimulants such as eleuthero, ours is...
- RISK FREE If you're not fully satisfied with our supplement within 90 days, we'll give you a full refund! You have...
Studies and countless reviews have shown kava root is effective for treatment with anxiety as well as one of the best social herbal remedies.
- PLANT DERIVED - Natural source of amino acids that is needed for the production of Serotonin
- HIGH POTENCY - Extracted from the bean of an African plant Griffonia Simplicifolia
- HIGHEST STANDARD GUARANTEED: Trusted for ingredient safety, nutritional value and label accuracy.
Synthesized from tryptophan, this amino acid acts as a mood stabilizer by increasing serotonin levels. Serotonin is a calming neurotransmitter associated with a significant reduction of anxiety.
- Natural Herbal Tea - Encourages Relaxation, Mild Natural Sedative, Delicious Bedtime Tea. Natural health Remedy.
- Egyptian Chamomile helps to improve your sleep, it helps to promote solid, restfulness. It is a mild, natural sedative...
- All-Natural. Our Egyptian Chamomile Tea has a natural sweet honey floral taste. It is pure and natural without any added...
North America knows chamomile well for its delicious tea. You can use this in your nightly tea before bed and get amazing sleep with its calming and sedating effects.
- Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium supports bone density, helps maintain a normal, regular heartbeat and supports...
- Made with TRAACS, a patented, form of bioavailable magnesium that is chelated to optimize bioavailability
- As many as 75% of Americans are deficient in magnesium and magnesium deficiency increases with age
Magnesium plays a most important role in maintaining a healthy body with things such as the nervous system. This is a common deficiency in adults so don't skip over magnesium when trying out anti-anxiety options!
- A NATURAL SOLUTION FOR OUR WELL-BEING: Saint Johns Wort helps promote a healthy brain chemical balance for positive...
- MORE POTENT FOR BETTER MOOD SUPPORT: Our St. John's wort supplement is standardized to .3% hypericin, giving you more of...
- UNPARALLELED QUALITY: Our St. John's Wort extract is made in the USA at GMP Certified, FDA Inspected and Approved...
This popular herbal supplement can be used to treat mild-to-moderate depression. More and more individuals are also reaping the benefits of using it for anxiety as well!
- Rhodiola Rosea is a natural herbal supplement that helps promote respiratory and circulatory function as well as mental...
- Rhodiola Rosea combats stress and boosts athletic performance as well as improving mood and feelings of well-being
- VH Nutrition's potent Rhodiola Rosea extract can help with boost overall Health and Vitality
This herbal remedy is different than most others; it thrives in dry and cold climates and is native to Siberia. It's known as an adaptogen which means it travels to where it's needed within your body.
We found and answered a few important questions regarding what social anxiety is, what causes it, what some additional effective (and inexpensive) social herbal remedies are beside the ten on our list, where you can buy the best social herbal remedies, and what our overall price range for our top ten list is.
Image via Pixabay
We've all felt what it's like to get nervous in front of a crowd when you're about to deliver an important speech. More over someOf us that suffer from SAD find the stress of these types of situations is far too much to handle, and even normal social interactions such as making eye contact and holding a conversation can stress us out.
Those of us with disorders that are bad enough will begin to pull naturally away from social situations and become something of a recluse which makes our anxiety worse, and it becomes a vicious cycle.
Fear not if you suffer from this: social anxiety is one of the most common mental disorders out there and countless qualified people are working hard to find innovative solutions! The toughest part of suffering is admitting you have an issue and reaching out for help.
We understand it can be difficult and you don't feel like bothering anyone, but it's endlessly important to talk to your doctor if these symptoms are affecting your life and ability to do things. You can work together with your doctor to begin finding a solution that will make you feel better!
Unfortunately, there is no one single thing that causes anxiety, but studies show if you have a history of mental illness in the family you're more likely to get it. You could also have an overactive amygdala which is the part of your brain that controls your fear response.
You may start seeing symptoms in yourself or a loved one around 13 years of age, and on some occasions, SAD could be caused by bullying or teasing at school. Children who are shy are more likely to become anxious as adults, and so too are those who deal with overbearing parents.
If you find yourself starting to avoid normal adult situations such as get-togethers, going to the store, etc., it will affect your personal relationships and only seclude you more. This avoidance can also lead to low self-esteem, negative thoughts, depression, sensitivity to criticism, or poor/worsening social skills.
Image by javi_indy via Freepik
While prescribed medications are the best way to help long-term sufferers, they come with a long list of possible adverse side effects such as drowsiness, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, low libidos, agitation, dizziness, dry mouth, insomnia, and blurred vision among other things.
Some people are not comfortable putting chemicals in their bodies that may have addictive qualities. We understand the reasoning for this and would like to share with you some additional excellent choices for social herbal remedies!
Meditation may not be one of the social herbal remedies but is a hugely beneficial activity that increases mindfulness and decreases anxiety symptoms. There are plenty of guided meditations of varying lengths on sites like YouTube or podcasts in case you're new to meditation.
Many people who practice mindfulness and meditation are shocked at how a little goes a long way; if you aren't successful at clearing your mind, the first time you try meditation, don't fret! It only becomes easier with time and practice, and its effectiveness only gets stronger, too!
The food you eat may also have ties to how you're feeling inside your mind. Studies show lower sugar and processed food intake is endlessly beneficial to your well-being on the inside and out. Refined carbs found in processed foods will create sugar highs and lows throughout the day which can contribute to anxiety.
They can also cause altered energy levels and mood swings making it harder on you to control your symptoms. If you're actively trying to reduce your anxiety, try to stay away from foods such as cookies, pastries, soda, fast foods, fried foods, processed meat, and refined grains.
Another common helpful remedy is Vitamin B-complex. B Vitamins help reduce stress and stabilize your mood. Consider Vitamin B6 specifically as a natural remedy for symptoms of anxiety because a common reason for anxiety is a deficiency in B6. It helps boost your mood, balance your blood sugar levels, and maintain a healthy nervous system.
Image by yanalya via Freepik
Social herbal remedies often take the form of Vitamins, oils, and natural plant extracts that are easy to find and purchase. You can find effective remedies for social anxiety in most drug stores and pharmacies such as CVS, and the toiletry and medical care isles of supercenters like Walmart and Target.
We highly recommend purchasing your social herbal remedies at online shops such as Amazon, who offer wide brand ranges with competitive prices, testimonials from manufacturers, and customer reviews.
We have included the Amazon links to each item on our top ten list so you can easily purchase it for yourself and find more information on any given product.
Social herbal remedies are all very different and can take many forms. Some are essential oils, some are plant roots, and some are Vitamins or minerals. Because of the vast difference in treatment options, the price is completely up to you based on what you decide to spend your money on.
We have included the rounded price of each item on our list so you can easily see if it's within your price range or not. At a glance, the price range for our top ten items is $10 to $30.
Best Social Herbal Remedies: Final Thoughts
Those of us who suffer from SAD and other anxiety disorders want nothing more than to feel better and lead normal lives without so much overwhelming stress.
With the natural top ten products on our list, relief is just a click away! Pick out your favorite social herbal remedies from our list and check out their Amazon links to get started living a new life with less stress! What are you waiting for? You've suffered enough already!