Cellulite can make your skin look unappealing by creating visible dimples. These fatty deposits can be difficult to get rid of, even once you reach your ideal weight. You can eliminate cellulite by targeting these deposits with massages. Using a cellulite massager regularly could be the key to cellulite reduction.
What Is Cellulite And Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of It?
Cellulite looks like small depressions in the skin. These dimples are caused by deposits of fat cells underneath the connective tissues that make up the deeper layers of the skin.
Cellulite is more common in women and usually becomes more noticeable with age. Hormonal and genetic factors can play a role in the formation of cellulite deposits and in how noticeable they are. A diet rich in salt, fat, and carbs can make contribute to this issue.
Exercising alone isn’t a cellulite cure because these fatty deposits are difficult to target. In fact, you might reach your weight loss goal and still have visible cellulite under your skin.
You can get cellulite even though your weight is healthy. The connective tissues under the skin become less resistant with age and make small fatty deposits more noticeable regardless of your weight.
There are different options worth exploring if you want to get rid of cellulite, including creams, surgical treatments, and massagers. Massages are your best option if you would like to get results faster without paying for expensive surgical procedures.
Getting Rid of Cellulite with Massages
You can massage cellulite to break down these fatty deposits. You need to apply some pressure to the area to increase blood flow and cause these fat cells deposits to start breaking down. This is a process that takes time, but most people get excellent results after receiving massages for a few months.
The purpose of cellulite massages is to eliminate toxins, tone the area where cellulite is visible, and improve the appearance of the skin on the long-term. Keep in mind that you will need to either receive several massage treatments or use a cellulite massager at home on a regular basis to get results.
There are other benefits associated with these massages, such as improving your energy levels since some of the techniques used will stimulate your blood flow.
The techniques used to tone skin and break down cellulite are different from a regular massage. Here are the main techniques you should master if you want to eliminate cellulite:
- Knuckle massage. Use your knuckles to apply pressure to the areas where cellulite is noticeable. This will help break down fatty deposits and strengthen connective tissues.
- Kneading massage. Compress tissues together in a kneading movement. This is great for blood flow.
- Sweeping massage. Use your hands to perform long sweeping motions over cellulite. This will improve circulation and tone the skin.
- Pinching. You can pinch small sections of skin or pull the skin in opposite direction. The purpose of pinching is to stimulate the skin and increase blood flow.
You can schedule an appointment with a certified massage therapist or at a spa to receive a cellulite massage. The downside of this approach is that you will have to get massages regularly to get results.
You can learn some of these techniques and perform a cellulite massage yourself. However, there are areas such as the buttocks and the back of your thighs that you won’t be able to target.
Massage devices for cellulite make sense since they end up being more affordable than getting massages from a therapist on the long-term. You can get a complete massage in just a few minutes without leaving your home and easily incorporate a cellulite massage into your daily routine.
How Do Cellulite Massagers Work?
A massage for cellulite removal will typically include different techniques. Cellulite massagers are designed to reproduce these specific massaging techniques.
There are different types of massagers, and you should compare different devices before choosing one. This is how cellulite massagers typically work:
- Some devices have a massaging head that reproduces the kneading and knuckle movements.
- Some devices stimulate circulation and tone the skin by creating a vacuum against the skin rather than massaging it.
- You can use an anti-cellulite massage brush to reproduce the sweeping motions of a cellulite massage. This will tone the skin and improve blood flow to the area.
- There are more advanced devices that use light therapy to improve circulation.
- You can invest in a spa therapy device that uses water pressure to contour and tone your skin.
You can get excellent results by combining a cellulite massager with a head that reproduces the effects of a kneading or knuckle massage and by using a brush to improve blood flow. These devices are more affordable than other options and will reproduce all the techniques used during a cellulite massage.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Cellulite Massager
There are a few questions you should ask yourself when shopping for a cellulite massaging device. It is important to do your research to select a product you will be able to use on a regular basis and get the results you were hoping for:
- Do some research about the manufacturer and find out what kind of warranty they offer for the product.
- Look for reviews written by people who have been using the massager for a while.
- Will you the cellulite massager at home or would you rather get a product you can charge and use when you travel?
- If the massager comes with a battery, how long will it last?
- Is the device easy to clean, store, and transport?
- Can you adjust the speed and use different massaging settings?
- Do you need to prepare your skin with a cream or another product before using the device?
- Look at the size of the massaging head and handle to make sure you will be able to target areas that might be hard to reach as well as smaller areas.
- Compare prices between different devices. Products that use spa or light therapy tend to be more expensive compared to massagers.
Stay away from products that promise unrealistic results. Instead, look for a massaging device that was designed to reproduce a real cellulite massage. And because this is something you will have to start using on a daily basis to get results, look for a product that will be easy to use and that you will enjoy using.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Cellulite Massager
Ideally, you should use your massager on a daily basis as long as there aren’t any negative side effects on your skin. You will get better results if you combine a regular massager with a cellulite brush to tone the upper layers of the skin.
You should also think about making a few changes to your lifestyle. Adopting a healthier diet and targeting the areas where you have cellulite with different exercises will yield better results.
Here is how you should plan your workouts to get rid of cellulite:
- Always start with some cardio. You can walk at a brisk pace, run, or climb stairs. Only do a few minutes of cardio at first and aim for at least ten minutes of cardio once your resistance increases.
- Target the areas where cellulite is visible with strength training exercises. Ideally, you should do 10 to 15 reps for each exercise. Use weights heavy enough for you to feel tired after each workout.
- Don’t forget to stretch when you are done working out. This will help your muscles heal and recover.
- Try to keep the entire workout fast-paced.
Getting rid of cellulite will be easier if you make a few changes to your diet. Some foods increase fat buildups and fluid retention. Eliminating these foods from your diet should make cellulite less noticeable.
Your goal should be to adopt a healthy balanced diet and maintain a normal weight. Losing a few pounds and gaining weight again will lead to more cellulite forming. Stay away from sugary drinks and processed foods rich in sugar, sodium, fat, and carbs since these foods will make cellulite more noticeable.
You should also look for sources of toxins and eliminate them from your lifestyle. These include cigarettes, coffee, and alcohol. Making these changes to your lifestyle will make cellulite less likely to come back in the future.
Look into using essential oils for skin health. You can gently massage your skin with ginger essential oil or use cypress, coriander, juniper, or lavender oil to help with circulation. Using one of these essential oils after your cellulite massager will help tone your skin and improve your circulation.
A cellulite massager is an excellent investment if you want to improve the appearance of your skin. These devices are more affordable than seeing a massage therapist, and you can get good results as long as you use your massager on a regular basis. Think about making changes to your diet and exercise regimen to get better results.