While ancient Egyptians were extracting and using essential oils to treat ailments including a headache and nausea 2,000 years ago, the Chinese have been using plants for their natural healing properties for over 4,000 years. In this toxic, polluted world we live in, our bodies carry toxins, chemicals, pollutants, carcinogens and more. Some of these things cause us illness. To heal and rejuvenate yourself, improve your sense of well-being and relieve symptoms such as nausea, headache, insomnia, and menstrual pain, diffuse an essential oil or infuse it into a scented candle. You won't regret it.
1. What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils, true to their name, are the essence of any particular plant. The highly concentrated liquid is derived from a plant's rind, peel, seed, root, bark, nut, leaf, wood or flower. They contain plenty of fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and other healing and revitalizing components.
2. What Do They Do?
Essential oils do a lot of good beyond the relief of a headache and nausea. When oils are extracted from the plant, the potent extracts provide many benefits including pain spastic pain relief, improvement of respiratory conditions, improved energy, improved digestion, and improved skin and hair.
3. How Do You Use Them for a Headache and Nausea?
There are many ways to use essential oils for a headache and nausea. You can inhale them by use of a diffuser, dry evaporation, steam or spray. You can also dilute the pure oils with a carrier oil at a concentration no greater than 3-5% and use them topically through a compress, gargle, bath or massage. Great natural carrier oils include avocado oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil, and sweet almond oil.
4. Where Can You Buy Essential Oils?
You can purchase essential oils in many types of retail stores. You can buy them at health food stores, grocery stores, and pharmacies. You can also buy them from online retailers and marketplaces such as Amazon.
5. Price Range?
You can purchase a bottle of essential oil for around $8 to $50.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed the following products based on features, pros and cons and price. We invested a lot of time and effort into bringing you this comprehensive, unbiased list of the top 10 best essential oils for a headache and nausea.
Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
Most essential oils you buy for less than $24 are actually 1/3 essential oil combined with 2/3 carrier oil. On the higher range of this, you will find oils protected from UV rays in colored glass bottles with glass droppers perfect for easily and accurately dripping your oil. On the lower range of this, you will find essential oils which are not organic and are in clear, plastic bottles. Pure oil runs between $24 and $50 for bottles ranging from 10ml to 4oz.
What We Reviewed
Peppermint oil is an essential oil extracted from the peppermint plant which has been used since ancient times to aid digestion. Nowadays, one of its components, menthol, is used to flavor toothpaste and mouthwashes. While it is not suitable for a small fraction of individuals, it is overall a great natural remedy for several conditions and their symptoms, such as a headache and nausea.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Our organic Rosemary essential oil is certified by Oregon Tilth to ensure the absence of harmful...
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE: Our Rosemary Essential Oil is 100% pure premium quality oil. As one of the most trusted...
- GC/MS TESTED AND CERTIFIED: In addition to only working with the world’s most reputable farms, distillers and...
People have been using rosemary essential oil to treat headaches and poor circulation for centuries due to its stimulating, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also treats nausea by reducing stress and more.
- HUGE 4 OUNCE BOTTLE - Our Lavender Oil Is Bottled in a U/V Resistant Amber Bottle
- PREMIUM QUALITY THERAPEUTIC GRADE LAVENDER Oil (Packaging may slightly vary) - An Absolutely Beautiful Aroma Made from...
- PERFECT FOR YOUR DIFFUSER, BODY OILS, & MORE - Simply Add a Few Drops To Your Favorite Diffuser, Or Make an All-Natural...
Therapeutic grade lavender oil is paraben and cruelty free. A glass dropper prevents leakage and dripping and makes accuracy easy and simple. In addition to reducing the signs and appearance of aging through use of soaps and massages, make candles or diffuse this powerful oil to cure a headache and nausea.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Eucalyptus on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed, receive...
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Eucalyptus for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as...
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified. Make sure ALL...
Eucalyptus oil features a strong menthol smell that when added to your diffuser, humidifier or vaporizer will treat respiratory problems, remove odor and cleanse the air while killing mold. It works great in a sauna or steam room due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties providing soothing pain relief for joint pain and arthritis. Dilute with a carrier oil and use as a massage oil to relieve tension pain and treat a headache and nausea. It is also effective as an air freshener or salt soak.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Chamomile (Roman) on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed,...
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Chamomile (Roman) for the first time and you do not switch to it...
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified, FDA Registered....
Roman chamomile oil is a mild sedative used to calm nerves and relieve depressive and anxiety symptoms including a headache and nausea. It also relieves indigestion caused by irritable bowel syndrome.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT GINGER OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled...
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED GINGER OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or...
- MOST 4 OUNCE GINGER OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the...
Ginger has long been touted as the premier cure of nausea and thus great for a headache and nausea. Therapeutic grade 100% pure ginger oil is not diluted with cheap carrier oils or other potentially dangerous chemicals. Purchase oil in colored glass bottles to protect them from UV light damage and a glass stopper so you can accurately measure volume without waste.
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we...
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will...
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to...
Spearmint is a powerful herb made even stronger when concentrated essential oils are extracted from its leaves. Its chemicals harm cancer cells, kill bacteria and change the levels of hormones in the body which can make you feel ill. Thus overall helping the body with a headache and nausea.
- UPLIFTING AND INVIGORATING SCENT - Fill the room with freshness by adding a few drops in a diffuser. Lemon Oil can help...
- SUPPORT HAIR AND SKIN HEALTH - Topical application may help promote appearance of healthier skin and hair
- BLENDS WELL WITH Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Lavender and more!
Lemon oil, like all other essential oil, is a fast-acting plant medicine great for quickly and effectively eliminating headache and nausea. It is very easy to make and even easier to use in diffusers, toothpaste and other forms. It has been used in India for its healing properties since time immemorial. What is it used for today and what possible side effects are associated with this medicinal plant?
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT SWEET ORANGE OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled...
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED SWEET ORANGE OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil...
- MOST 4 OUNCE SWEET ORANGE OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation...
Orange oil is an all-around great product. It is 100% natural, bio-degradable and non-toxic. Diffuse for aromatherapy to relieve a headache and nausea or mix two ounces with a gallon of water to clean your house and freshen your air.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT BERGAMOT OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled...
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED BERGAMOT OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or...
- MOST 4 OUNCE BERGAMOT OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of...
Pure therapeutic grade bergamot essential oil for a headache and nausea originates from Italy and has a fresh citrus aroma with a spicy undertone. Diffuse it or massage it into your skin to promote calming and reduce stress while soothing symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. This oil blends well with other essential oils including cypress, black pepper, clary sage, geranium, jasmine, nutmeg, rosemary, sandalwood, sweet orange, vetiver and ylang ylang.
The best essential oil for a headache and nausea is eucalyptus due to its lack of side effects and its vast array of other benefits. Other essential oils with minimal side effects in most of the population include lavender, chamomile and ginger. These oils can help you with things from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, fighting infections, colds, and the flu, improve your skin, hair and nails and relieve stress, depression, anxiety and insomnia.